(AMIETE) Associate Member of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Associate Membership of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
Entrance Examination, often called as AMIETE is an engineering entrance examination
belonging to graduate level. It simplifies the fact that only bachelor programmes
such as B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering) and B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) are
supported through this examination. The AMIETE program is recognized by a number
of government organizations whether centre, state or other ones. The major organizations
associated with AMIETE are Government of India, Association of Indian University (AIU),
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and Ministry of Railways. The examination is conducted
across India and even abroad at few places twice in a year in the month of June and December.
The eligibility criteria for the examination are as follows:
- Passing senior secondary school examination i.e. 10+2 from a recognized institution with Physics
and Mathematics is mandatory for an applicant.
- Physics and Maths in 10+2 with work experience for a 3 year Diploma holder in Technology or Engineering.
- Carrying out study curriculum in Physics, Electronics, Electrical or Computer Stream currently for higher
- Minimum age bar for 10+2 students is 16 years and for diploma holders, it is 18 years.
The pattern for the exam is as follows:
- It comprises of theory papers belonging to A and B section along with project work.
- 12th based questions are asked from three subjects – Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Once the students are done with both the sections –A and B, they are bound to complete their project work.
- The minimum passing percentage in project work is 50% and for individual sections is 40%.
- Students who complete both the parts – Sections and Project as well are given a certificate.
Colleges Offered :
AMIETE Highlights :
AMIETE Exam Dates :
||Associate Membership of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
||Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
||Online & Offline
011- 43538800 to 43538899
|Last date for submitting Application form
||June cycle: April 2022, December cycle: October 2022
|Last date for submitting Application form with Late fee of INR 300
||June cycle: May 2022, December cycle: November 2022
|Issue of Admit Card
||May and November 2022
|AMIETE 2022 entrance exam begins
||15 January 2022
|Declaration of result
||June cycle: September 2022, December cycle: March 2022
AMIETE Application Form :
Step 1: Download the Application Form
- Visit the official website of IETE and click on AIMETE.
- Students will have to select their respective stream by clicking on it.
- The prospectus of AMIETE will appear on the screen and the application form will be enclosed within it.
- Print out the application form for yourself.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- Candidates need to fill in a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, Mobile
Phone number, Correspondance Address, Course opted for, Qualifying exams, Test Center, etc.
- One must paste a stamp-sized photograph on the form.
- Students should verify all the information and should avoid making any mistakes in the form.
- After filling the application form, aspirants must enclose a demand draft of INR 6000
(separate DD of INR 350 for downloaded forms), another photograph similar to the one
pasted on the form and other necessary documents if required.
Step 3: Submitting the form
- The forms should be delivered in person or by speed post/ courier to the address
mentioned in the application form. They must contain all the necessary enclosures
along with the demand draft of requisite fees.
- The address is also given below for reference :
The Secretary General, IETE , 2, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003