Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)
OJEE, often elaborated as Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) is a state-government
controlled centralized test. The intention of the exam is to let students come up for
admission to many private and governmental medical, engineering & management institutions
in Odisha.For admission in to graduation of lateral entry in B.Tech, lateral entry in B.Arch.,
B.Pharm, BDS, (also known as Bachelors), MBA, MCA, PDCM, PGDM, B.Pharm, and M.Tech courses,
the test is taken after the 12th grade, diploma, graduate degree and post graduate degree.
Since the announcement of All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and JEE (Main), MBBS and B.Tech
courses have been removed from OJEE. Pure Science stream in class 12 levels that consists of
Physics, Chemistry and Biology comprises of such students who take upthe exam. MBA, MCA, PGCM,
PGDM, M.Pharm.& M.Tech courses for various disciplines are offered by various universities
in Odisha for those who have Graduate degree and Postgraduate degree.
Eligibility criteria :
Exam pattern :
- Indian Nationality should be proven.
- NRI candidates who have an Indian origin can also apply.
- Belongingness to Odisha state for admission to the government colleges should be shown by the candidates.
- No external state entry is allowed for this entrance test.
- 10+2 clearance from a recognized university/board/school must be obtained
in the State of Odisha as per Higher School Education Board.
- A minimum of 45% marks in aggregate should be obtained by the candidate in
the qualifying exam as per the OJEE eligibility criteria 2023. The minimum requirement
is 40% marks in case of SC and ST candidates.
- OJEE is diversified into 3 sessions. Every session further comprises of variant
tests bearing a number of subjects and patterns. Candidates are advised to carefully
check the sessions along with the subjects mentionedin their particular course for further
- 1st session of OJEE is of 2 hours. It is an examination which is conducted in the
morning as per timing slot from 9 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. It consists of 120 objective type
questionswith English as the medium of communication.
- 2nd session of OJEE is of 1 hour. It is an examination which is conducted in the
afternoon as per the timing slot from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. It consists of 60-90 questions
that candidate’s curriculum with English as the medium of communication.
- 3rd session of OJEE is also arranged in the afternoon. It is further slotted into
two timing sessions. The candidate has to choose the slot as per his/her course.
- Common marking scheme is followed in all sessions.
- For every right answer 4 marks will be given and for every wrong answer 1 mark
will be deducted.
- Candidates should keep in mind the general instructions of the exam pattern
and should prepare very well for the entrance examination by revising their course
College through OJEE :
OJEE 2023 Highlights :
OJEE 2023 Exam Dates :
||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)
||OJEE Board (OJEEB)
|Mode of Application
||English Language only
|Mode of Examination
||Computer Based Test (CBT)
||B.Pharm / MBA / MCA / M.Tech / M.Tech (Part-Time)
/ M.Arch / M Plan / M.Pharm / Int. MBA and Lateral
Entry to B.Tech / B.Pharm
||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)
|Duration of OJEE 2023
3 hours duration – BPharm
2 hours duration –
LE BTech, LE BSc/ LE, MCA/LE MCA, MBA, MTech and MArch
1 hours duration – Mpharm, Integrated MBA and LE BPharm
|Candidates Expected to Appear
|OJEEB Help Desk
Online application form availability
week of March 2023
Last date for applying online
week of May 2023
Last date for fee payment
week of May 2023
week of May 2023
week of June 2023
OJEE 2023 Exam Date
1st week of July 2023
Counseling will start from
- Veer SurendraSai University of Technology, SambalpurIndira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang
- Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi
- Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Orissa School of Mining Engineering, Keonjhar
- CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur
- Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur
- Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar