Puducherry Joint Entrance Test (PJET)
Government of Puducherry conducts the Puducherry Joint Entrance Test (PJET)
2018 through The Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) for the purpose
of opening admission into the first year Engineering and Medical degree
courses which are available in the different Government Degree
colleges in Puducherry.
Eligibility Criteria :
The candidate should fulfill the necessary admissions requirements for the
respective degree courses for admission to any course as prescribed by the
Pondicherry University or as directed by the concerned deemed universities
EXAM PATTERN :
- For B. Tech Degree Course :
- A candidate should have passed the H.Sc. (Academic) examination who isseeking
admission to the B. Tech. degree course,conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary
Exam of Tamil Nadu.
- In aggregate, in the prescribed subjects, namely, Mathematics, Physics and any one
of the following optional subjects: Chemistry/Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/Biology
(Botany & Zoology), a candidate should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks
(40% marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC /BT/SC - candidates).
- Firstly, a candidate seeking admission through CENTAC should be an Indian citizen.
That is no foreign national initially. Along with the Indians, even French Nationals
are eligible who are residing in the UT of Puducherry and covered by the terms of the
Treaty of Cession. They shall be treated on par with Indian Nationals and should be
allowed for the purpose of admission to all the courses.
- Even though the age especially for B. Tech and B.P.T. degree course will be reckoned
as on 1st July of year, at the same time the lower age limitfor MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. (Nursing),
and BPT Degreewill be reckoned as on 31st Decemberof year.
- FOR B.TECH :
- The Puducherry Joint Entrance Test (PJET) 2018 comprises of 3 papers.
- Each paper will be of two hours and candidates will be provided MCQs i.e.
Multiple Choice Questions.
- Paper –I, Paper – II and Paper – III will be there where Mathematics will
have 60 questions and Physical Sciences will comprise of 80 questions i.e. 40
questions from Chemistry and 40 questions from Physics.
PJET Application Form :
Candidates can ask the convener for the PJET 2021 application form and a draft
application with the convener CENTAC as the beneficiary, pay in Pondicherry, and mail two
receipts to the following address
The Convenor, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC)
Pondicherry Engineering College Campus , Puducherry , Pin - 605014.
COLLEGE OFFERED :