Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology
CIPET JEE stands for Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology Joint Entrance
Examination. It is one of the most reputed entrance examinations conducted for the purpose of
granting admissions in the undergraduate and post graduate courses in Plastic technologyto the
candidates and applicants. The entrance examination was established by the Government of India
in 1968 by the support of UNDP, often called as United Nations Development Programme at Chennai.
- For PGD-PPT: Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects is requiredalong with the
minimum educational qualification of 3-years degree.
- For PGD-PTQM: Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics along with 3 years degree in science is required for it.
- For PD-PMD with CAD/CAM: A minimum educational qualification of 3 year diploma or
an equivalent examination in the stream of Plastics Technology,Tool/Production Engineering,
Mechatronics,Mechanical,Automobile Engineering,DPMT/DPT (CIPET) and Tool & Die Making is
- For DPMT & DPT: Those who have passed 10th standard with Math’s, Science and
English are eligible to apply for this course.
- A maximum age limit of20 years is allowed for DPMT &DPTand a maximum age limit of
25 years is allowed for the courses ofPGD-PTQM, PD-PMD, PGD-PPT, with CAD/CAM.
- SC/ST and North Eastern Region candidatesare provided with the relaxation in the
upper age limit. The age limit will be evaluated as per the directions on 31st July, 2022.
- The paper pattern of the examination will be in the form of Objective questions that
means that the candidates have to choose a single correct answer from multiple options.
- No scheme of negative marking will be followed.
- The questions will be asked from the list of subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- Since, the paper is majorly divided into 3 sections so each section will comprise
of 30 questions whereas 10 questions will be asked from General Knowledge.
- The time duration of only 2 hours will be given for completing the question papers.
Colleges Offered :
|Full Exam Name
||CIPET Joint Entrance Exam
|Short Exam Name
||Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology
|Frequency of Conduct
||Once a year
||National Level Exam
|Mode of Application
|Application Fee (General)
||500 Rs [Offline]
|Mode of Exam
|Mode of Counselling
Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology, Chennai.