Maharashtra’s Common Entrance Test(MH-CET)
MAH-CET 2018 often called as the Maharashtra’s Common Entrance Test is a State Level
Entrance Examination. It is conducted and organized by the Directorate of Technical Education
(DTE), Maharashtra every year as a basis for admissions in to the undergraduate engineering
courses. That is, UG courses are offered in the state of Maharashtra thorough this examination.
- The prime factor of eligibility is that the candidate should be an Indian National.
He/she should be an Indian Citizen.
- Candidates should have passed minimum three-year duration bachelor’s degree with at
least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent. It differs as - at least 45% in case of
candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra
State only. The degrees should be awarded by the University recognized by either the reputed
University Grants Commission i.e. UGC or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline.
- Students must have studied and passed Mathematics as one of the subjects at Graduation level
or (10+2) level.
- The candidate should have passed bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications or Science
i.e. Information Technology or Computer Science in case of direct second year admissions
in to college or institute through the test. Even final year students can apply for the exam.
- 1. The entrance test is divided into two papers.
- 2. As Paper I is for Mathematics, the second one, i.e.
Paper II is for Chemistry and Physics.
- 3. Since, the exam is conducted as pen-paper based mode
therefore follows a PBT format.
- 4. 1 hour and 30 minutes will be allotted for every paper.
- 5. Each of the paper will be of 100 marks each.
- 6. Every correct answer in Paper I will be of 1 marks and every
correct answer in Paper II will be of 2 marks.
- 7. While paper I is held in English language only, Paper II which
comprises of Physics & Chemistry is conducted in English, Hindi, and
Colleges Offering :
MHT CET 2021 Highlights :
||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)
||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra
|Mode of Application
|Number of Papers
|| 3 papers; Paper 1 (Mathematics), Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry), Paper 3 (Biology)
||90 Minutes for each paper
|Type of Questions
||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
|Medium of Exam
||English, Marathi, Urdu
MHT CET 2021 Important Dates :
|Upcoming Dates and Events
20 Sep, 2021 - 01 Oct, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
12 Sep, 2021 - 01 Oct, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
|Past Dates and Events
14 Aug, 2021 - 16 Aug, 2021
Application Correction | Mode: Online
12 Aug, 2021 - 16 Aug, 2021
Application - Reopen | Mode: Online
08 Jun, 2021 - 15 Jul, 2021
Application | Mode: Online